START DIVING THE WORLD IN 3 EASY STEPS
We makes it possible for you to complete all of the academic requirements for your entry-level scuba diver certification online. You can get started right now and, when you are done, you will then complete your in-water skill-development sessions and final open-water training dives with us here on Pico in the clear blue Azorean waters of the Mid-Atlantic ensuring you get the best experience and knowledge from you SDI Openwater Course. It is simple to complete your course as set out below. For more information or to begin your course today contact us at TWIN PEAKS DIVING CENTRE
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- See Junior Open Water Scuba Diver Course here. (10 – 14 years old)
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance, Dive planning Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures And much more!
What’s in it for you:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Speciality courses
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgement concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- How do I take this course?
- Take it online. SDI Open Water is available in eLearning:
- We have FREE Demo online course for you to try out.
- Course Cost: €645.00 for eLearning, pool and open water training. Includes equipment rental and certification. No more hidden costs.
- Maximum 2 students per course, our course will produce a competent scuba diver and you will only finish the course when you have reached a standard , remember courses have standards and these are minimum standards to meet we aim much higher for you to become a competent diver.
complete your course with us
Start your SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course and master all the important academic information online or at your local dive shop. You can complete this phase through self-study, at your own pace, in the convenience of your home or office. All eLearning courses work on mobile and tablet devices too
For entry-level certification courses (as well as some continuing-education classes), the next step will be to complete your in-water skill-development training. This takes place in a swimming pool or similar body of confined water, under the supervision of an SDI Instructor.
The final step is to complete the required number of SDI open-water training dives under the supervision of your SDI Instructor. Here you will apply what you have learned during your academic and skill-development sessions, while learning practical lessons that can only be gained through real-world experience in open water.